Duration: 7 Days
(this is a 6 night/7 day package)
Experience the faunal event of the year as millions of sardines prepare for their northward migration, setting the place for a predatory feast.
Experience the Sardine Run either beneath the waves or above, either way their is plenty to see as whales, sharks, dolphins, birds and many other amazing creatures partake.
Experience a full spectrum of ocean life from the comfort and safety of the African Watersports Boats.
Please note that the price remains the same whether you are diving or not as a seat on the boat is occupied regardless.
The price includes:
- Full day on boat 07h00 to 14h00 (weather permitting)
- 2 meals per day and snacks on the boat
- Accommodation (sharing)
- A dedicated microlight pilot to put the group on the action with a VHF radio.
- Air fills, cylinder and weight belt (if diving)
Not included are:
- Transfer from Durban to Mboyti
- Dive gear hire (BC, regulator, mask, fins, wetsuit, etc)
- Meeting Point
Durban Airport for those being transported or Mboyti River Lodge for the self drives.
- Duration of Stay
6 nights / 5 days at sea (departure on day 7)
- Group Size
6 to 8 people
- Time at sea (diving, snorkelling, spectator)
7 to 8 hours (weather dependant)
Relaxed to strenuous depending on the action at hand.
- Good mask, snorkel and fins a must
- 5mm wetsuit
- Splash jackets to keep out the wind
- Scuba equipment as required
- Weight belts and cylinder
- Air fills
- Boats 8-metre ribbed, fully equipped with all the latest features and two-way radios.
There is an optional DAN Insurance for all dive related accidents, at no extra cost. This is in effect for the duration of your stay with us but does not cover out of water activities.
NB There are no refunds for no launch days, alternate activities will be arranged in case of inclement weather.
SARDINE PHOTOGRAPHIC SPECIAL
Join Amos Nachoum, our Sardine Run photographic specialist, and African Watersports on this years sardine run.
We will be running our normal 6 night 7 day package or an extended package for the photographic enthusiast.
Amos will be on hand to give guidance or offer assistance with all photographic queries and all photographers will be able to improve their skills and draw from his vast experience on the Sardine Run and elsewhere in the world. If you are interested please go to his website at www.biganimals.com.